Size: 31 x 23.5 inches
Artist: Jean Desaleux
- Shoe polish is also known as boot polish.
- Shoe polish is a substance generally used to protect and restore the colour and shine of leather boots and leather shoes and it also helps to keep them water resistant.
- Before shoe polish, dubbin was used, a product made with wax, tallow (rendered animal fat), oil and soda ash, and it is still sometimes used although it does not make shoes shiny.
- Modern shoe polish is made from a combination of ingredients, sometimes including dyes, naphtha, turpentine, wax, lanolin and gum arabic.
- The popularity of shoe polish increased in the two World Wars because the troops used the polish to keep their army boots shiny and water proof.
Poster is in very good overall condition with minor edgewear (please see photos). Rare and ready to frame.